Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Fashion Week

It's finally here. The time of year where we give and receive. No, I'm not talking about Christmas, I'm talking about fashion week. It is the time of year where designers give us their new collections to gaze at, models lend their beautiful faces and bodies for and we the people receive the gift of amazing new trends.
I'm extremely excited about NYFW this year because I feel that fashion is at it's peak. We have reached a point where we are over the awkward 2000s and have entered an era where fashion is edgy, different and sleek.

Hood By Air NYFW 2016- Livingly

Hood By Air's Shayne Oliver left me in awe with his school uniform inspired collection. If I showed up to school with anything from his collection I would probably be suspended but that is what makes this so amazing! Wearing anything HBA made makes us feel like badasses, period. This avant-garde designer knows how to be different. There is absolutely nothing like it in the industry today. I'm not exactly sure if anything out of his collection is wearable in the real world but hey, to each their own. At least he is not afraid to take risks and show us exactly what goes on in his mind- which is clearly a whole lot.

Alexander Wang NYFW 2016 - Best Celebrity Style

Alexander Wang attracted a whole bunch of celebrities to the front row of his show (I would have gone but I take my education very seriously and couldn't skip class) Everyone is always eager to see what Wang's next move will be. He didn't disappoint bringing lots of oversized, mesh and dark colored clothing. And of course he was very excited, skipping and jumping down the runway at the end of his show, as he should.

Jeremy Scott NYFW 2016- The Daily Beast
Jeremy Scott I should probably just end it here. There is no need to say anything else because the man is sheer genius. The quirky designer's color palette was all over the place. It was full of bold prints and really big hair. I could definitely see celebrities such as Katy Perry or Miley Cyrus wearing his garments!

Carolina Herrera NYFW 2016- E online
Carolina Herrera the style and class that this woman has is beyond me. Every article of clothing she creates is god's gift to this earth. It is what every modern woman should be wearing. She used pale colors as her color palette. Light rose, white, beige and small hints of black were what you could find in her collection. I just need to get my hands on that pink chiffon dress. (that is saying a lot coming from me being that I dislike pink but CH makes me love it) Beautiful as always Carolina, beautiful as always.

Reem Acra NYFW 2016 - Getty Images

Reem Acra is a designer I recently came across and couldn't believe I hadn't learned about him before! His gowns make me speechless. As in: no words can ever describe how I feel about them. I don't think there is any other designer in the industry right now that fuses culture and fashion so well. And can we please talk about the detailing!? It's just to much for human eyes.

Marcesa NYFW 2016 - E Online

Marcesa this is another designer that knows how to make a gown. The models just ooze elegance as they walk down the runway. Marcesa brought us lots of ombre, fishnets and harnesses, exactly what is in trend right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment