Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Some say the best day of the year is Christmas. I on the other hand believe that the best day of the year is December 8th. Why? Because this is the day when angels strut the runway and inspire girls all around to be confident and the best version of themselves. Yes, I am talking about the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.

The VS fashion show never disappoints. An hour of the most beautiful women in the world, most beautiful lingerie I have ever seen and the top selling artists of the moment? What more could we ask for? (maybe two hours) Regardless, this year's show was absolute perfection, starting with the most recent angels, Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid. (fun fact! they have both been named supermodels by Vogue Magazine!) I can without a doubt say I admire Gigi Hadid, her beauty is unreal and her confidence about her body is incredibly inspiring- not to mention I met her last spring break and I've had a girl crush ever since. 
I have met many people that have told me they don't watch the VS fashion show because it causes insecurities and such. I completely disagree with this statement. If anything it causes motivation. These models work hard for the body they have, they work out twice a day and eat healthy foods just to look like they do. It is a tough job to have being that you are always under a microscope being criticized but these women make the best of it and manage to inspire young women like me everyday. There is no such thing as a perfect body, it has all been made up by society, the same society that is now tearing these women down. Lets just all love ourselves as we are instead of criticizing others!!
I mean, how could you want to criticize this spectacular woman?
Candice Swanepoel has been my all time favorite model since she began her career at Victoria's Secret. I have never seen a woman so comfortable in her body like she is. It is practically all I aspire to be (Yes I may stalk her Instagram everyday, and I may want her accent and just her face and body in general) but the way she presents herself is what is most captivating to me. You can tell she loves herself and is content with herself and that is a message that all girls need to hear. 
Now excuse me while I stop sitting behind this computer raving about these women and work out.

xo,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment